Kingston Pen Tours to Welcome Back Guests
St. Lawrence Parks Commission Announces Reopening of Kingston Pen Tours
June 14, 2021 | St. Lawrence Parks Commission
KINGSTON, ONTARIO — As part of the government’s move into Step One of its Roadmap to Reopen Ontario plan, St. Lawrence Parks Commission (SLPC), in partnership with Correctional Service of Canada (CSC), is pleased to announce the reopening of Kingston Pen Tours for its sixth season beginning Wednesday, June 16th, 2021. To comply with public health measures, advice and restrictions, Kingston Pen will be offering limited outdoor guided tours in Step One.
As of June 16th the following tour will be offered:
This 1.5 hour guided tour option will initially be offered with smaller group sizes of 10 guests per tour. It brings historic, architectural and criminological components together into a one-of-a-kind outdoor experience. Within the walls of Canada’s oldest maximum-security prison, guests explore the outdoor spaces of the living and working areas, some dating back to the 1830s. Unique stories can also be heard by former CSC staff along the way, who provide first-hand accounts of what really transpired inside the prison’s walls from stories of escapes, riots, history and daily routine on this 1.5-hour guided tour.
This tour contains subject matter designed for a mature audience and is not recommended for children. Tours are available in French as well.
Tickets are now on sale at www.KingstonPenTour.com.
What Guests Need to Know:
- Tickets must be purchased online at www.KingstonPenTour.com prior to arrival as this will be a time-ticketed experience with limited tickets available.
- Admission is $25 (Includes HST).
- Tours run Wednesday to Sunday from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm.
- Parking is available at no charge onsite.
- Guests are encouraged to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their booked tour time.
- Face coverings or masks are required during tours and guests are encouraged to bring their own, as well as their own personal protective equipment if they wish.
- Guests will be required to self-assess their health and will be encouraged not to visit our attractions if there is any possibility that they may have contracted or have come into contact with COVID-19.
- Kingston Penitentiary is located at 560 King St W, Kingston, Ontario
Please see the FAQs for more information: www.kingstonpentour.com/plan-your-visit/
About St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission, an agency of the Government of Ontario, operates facilities stretching from Kingston to the Quebec border, including Upper Canada Village, Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada (and a UNESCO World Heritage Site); Kingston Pen Tours, Skywood Eco Adventure, Crysler Park Marina, Upper Canada Golf Course, Upper Canada Migratory Bird Sanctuary and 14 campgrounds and beach day-use picnic areas including the Long Sault and Thousand Islands Parkway.
To learn more, visit www.parks.on.ca
Manager, Customer Service & Corporate Communications
St. Lawrence Parks Commission
A/Communications & Media Relations Officer
St. Lawrence Parks Commission