Pumpkinferno lights up Upper Canada Village Again This Fall
A must-see event returns for another season
September 14, 2020 10:00 A.M. | St. Lawrence Parks Commission
MORRISBURG, ONTARIO — Every fall, Upper Canada Village transforms into an enchanted wonderland with over 7,000 handcrafted glowing pumpkins. This year, Pumpkinferno is getting ready to captivate guests once again. Starting Friday, September 25th, the creative and artistic event launches and will be open until October 31, 2020.
Upper Canada Village is reviving some of its most popular exhibits including Day of the Dead, Dragon’s Lantern Lair, Coins of the World, Night at the Gallery, Psychedelic Sixties, Enchanted Forest, Steampunk Station and many more. Guests will be mesmerized by the one-of-a-kind and whimsical creations at this all-ages event.
New this year! Pumpkinferno will be open 7 nights a week with date and time-specific ticketing in place to ensure guests are able to maintain physical distancing protocols. A limited number of tickets will be available each night.
Hours of Operation:
- September 25 to October 18 from 7pm-10pm
- October 19 to October 31 from 6:30pm-10pm
- General Admission: $16.00 per person plus HST
Tickets will go on sale on Monday, September 14, 2020, and will available to purchase online only at www.Pumpkinferno.com. Tickets offered exclusively online is done so to ensure nightly attendance is kept at safe levels as well as to promote a touchless ticketing experience.
Accessibility Nights will be back this year and is the only exception to online purchases. Guests or groups with physical limitations can ride in the comfort of their own vehicles to view PumpkInferno on October 13th and 20th. Reservations must be made ahead, by calling 1-800-437-2233 or locally 613-543-4328.
“We are keen to reveal that Pumpkinferno is returning this season and look forward to showing off our spectacular displays once again,” said Upper Canada Village Manager Tracey Ogilby. “Our teams have been working diligently this season to ensure Pumpkinferno continues to deliver an exceptional guest experience even amidst our current situation.”
What Guests Need to Know:
- Tickets will be available online only at www.Pumpkinferno.com.
- If the website indicates SOLD OUT for a specific evening, there are no more tickets available for that evening.
- Multiple entry time slots are being offered in half-hour increments.
- Plan to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your check-in time.
- Upon arrival, guests should have tickets ready prior to reaching the admission gate to ensure smooth entry.
- Face covering or masks are mandatory in indoor spaces and guests are will be required to bring their own.
- All guests must follow physical distancing rules as mandated by the Ontario Government and staff will monitor and remind guests as necessary.
- The Pumpkinferno experience takes approximately forty minutes.
- BeaverTails and the Harvest Barn will be open for food service onsite.
- Reservations for the Harvest Barn start at 6:30pm and for reservations please call 613-543-0660.
- This is a rain or shine event.
- Watch the website and social media @UpperCanadaVill for updates.
- Programming has been modified to provide a touchless experience as much as possible however where this is unavoidable, hand washing or sanitizing stations are available.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices are in place throughout the tour route.
- Guests will be required to self-assess their health and should not visit Pumpkinferno if there is a possibility that they may have contracted or have come into close contact with Covid-19.
- Upper Canada Village is located at 13740 County Road 2, Morrisburg, Ontario
About St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission, an agency of the Government of Ontario, operates facilities stretching from Kingston to the Quebec border, including Upper Canada Village, Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada (and a UNESCO World Heritage Site); Kingston Pen Tours, Skywood Eco Adventure, Crysler Park Marina, Upper Canada Golf Course, Upper Canada Migratory Bird Sanctuary and 14 campgrounds and beach day-use picnic areas including the Long Sault and 1000 Islands Parkway.
To learn more, visit www.parks.on.ca
A/Communications & Media Relations Officer
St. Lawrence Parks Commission
A/ Director of Marketing
St. Lawrence Parks Commission